It remains a case of one step forward and one step back for the Anaheim Ducks. The Orange County team fell back into a tie for third place in the NHL Pacific Division with a 4-1 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
Against the next-to-last place team in the division, the Ducks could manage only goal, that one by Andrew Cogliano.
Next for the Ducks will be a game on Friday against the Kings (42-28-7) at Honda Center.
Prep baseball, softball scores
Here are results from Tuesday games for teams serving the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area.
High school baseball scores (Tuesday results)
- Newport Harbor 8, Marina 1
- Huntington Beach 10, Los Alamitos 7
- La Quinta 5, Bolsa Grande 0
- Rancho Alamitos 8, Garden Grove 2
- Ocean View 8, Santa Ana 2
- Los Amigos 11, Santiago 5
High school softball scores (Tuesday)
- Los Amigos 17, Santa Ana Valley 4
- Godinez 7, Westminster 1