Unanimity was the policy of the evening for the Huntington Beach City Council when it met Monday night. The council approved every item on the agenda, and all but three of them by a unanimous 7-0 vote.
- a contract for street construction work on Edinger Avenue, Atlanta Street, West Warner Avenue and Brookhurst Street to All American Asphalt in the amount of $2,175, 778.
- amending the municipal code to include a Jet Noise Commission.
- the creation of a Harbor Commission.
Approved but not unanimously were:
- modification of the Tourism Improvement District (approved 6-0 with Councilman William O’Connell out of the room).
- an ordinance excluding the assistant chief of police from “competitive service” (Mayor Mike Posey voted no).
- a resolution modifying salary and benefits for the assistant chief of police (approved 4-3 with Posey and councilmembers Barbara Delgleize and Patrick Brenden voting no).
The new mayor and council members will be sworn in at the Dec. 3 meeting of the council.
Categories: Huntington Beach