Garden Grove

Fire does $375k in damage, hurts 2

FIREFIGHTERS at apartment blaze on Cypress Street in Garden Grove Tuesday morning (GGFD photo).

A fire at an apartment complex Tuesday morning in Garden Grove did an estimated $375,000 in damage and sent two people to the hospital.

According to Capt. Thanh Nguyen of the Garden Grove Fire Department, the blaze was reported at 13119 Cypress St. at 4:28 a.m.

It took firefighters about one hour to knock the fire down. Two adult residents were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and burn injuries – both considered not to be life-threatening – and taken to nearby hospitals for treatment.
Thirteen residents of the complex were displaced from their homes. The cause of the fire is considered accidental, due to a candle left unattended.

Damage to the structure is set at $300,000, with loss to contents at $75,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s