A fire at an apartment complex Tuesday morning in Garden Grove did an estimated $375,000 in damage and sent two people to the hospital.
According to Capt. Thanh Nguyen of the Garden Grove Fire Department, the blaze was reported at 13119 Cypress St. at 4:28 a.m.
It took firefighters about one hour to knock the fire down. Two adult residents were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and burn injuries – both considered not to be life-threatening – and taken to nearby hospitals for treatment.
Thirteen residents of the complex were displaced from their homes. The cause of the fire is considered accidental, due to a candle left unattended.
Damage to the structure is set at $300,000, with loss to contents at $75,000.
Categories: Garden Grove
Leave a Reply