A cathedral is dedicated, live theaters are open with plays and the weather stays nice. Here is our quick guide to the key things to expect this week for the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
WEATHER: Alternating sunny and partly cloudy across the area all week, with temperatures in the high 70s to low 80s. No rain in the forecast, according to the National Weather Service.
- Huntington Beach City Council meets on Monday at 6 p.m.
- Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education meets Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Garden Grove Planning Commission meets on Thursday at 7 p.m.
EVENTS: Goings-on this week in our cities.
- City of Westminster will hold its Safety Day on Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Sigler Park.
- Free concert at Eastgate Park in Garden Grove on Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.featuring the Flogging Seagulls band.
- Dedication mass of Christ (formerly Crystal) Cathedral in Garden Grove on Wednesday. Building will be open to the public from 5-8 p.m.
- “Incredibles 2” will be screened for free on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the Westminster Civic Center’s Sunken Gardens as part of the city’s free Outdoor Movie Night series.
ENTERTAINMENT: Choices in stage plays and movies this week.
- “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” opens Friday at the Rose Center Theater in Westminster.
- “West Side Story” continues this weekend at the Gem Theater in Garden Grove.
- “The Bad Seed” continues this weekend at the Westminster Community Playhouse.
- “The Lion King,” Disney’s live-action version of the beloved film opens in area movie theaters on Thursday.
Categories: Across the Area