It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Or maybe it is if you’re a parent who’s more than ready to send the kids off to the classroom. Local school districts are resuming instruction this week and next.
BACK TO SCHOOL: Kids will be back in class in the Garden Grove Unified School District on Wednesday. The GGUSD serves most of Garden Grove and parts of Anaheim, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, Stanton and Westminster.
Other school districts in our coverage area have these opening dates:
- Anaheim Union High School District: Classes started on Aug. 7.
- Anaheim Elementary School District: AESD has single- and multi-track campuses with different schedules.
- Huntington Beach Elementary School District: Thursday, Sept. 5.
- Huntington Beach Union High School District: Wednesday, Aug. 28.
- Ocean View School District: Wednesday, Sept. 4.
WEATHER: Things are getting a bit warmer this week with temps as high as 90 today (Monday) and the mid-80s in Garden Grove/Stanton the rest of the week. Huntington Beach will start at 82 today with the rest of the week in the high 70s. Westminster is predicted to be in the low 80s and high 70s as well.
MEETINGS: Garden Grove City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, as will the Stanton City Council.
ENTERTAINMENT: Another light (you might say bleak) weekend for new movies. If you’re interested in murder mysteries, “Don’t Let Go” is an R-rated thriller about a detective and his murdered niece trying to prevent the crime.
EVENTS: Huntington Beach Civil War Days will take place Saturday and Sunday at the Central Park (Gothard Street and Talbert Avenue) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with encampments and simulated battles.
Categories: Across the Area