The Huntington Beach City Council will consider adopting a resolution that will assist in efforts to host the surfing, skateboarding, and BMX portions of the LA 2028 Summer Olympics.
These items will be discussed at the 6 p.m. city council and public financing authority meeting on Tuesday. The meeting will be held at the Council Chambers at 2000 Main Street and also via Zoom conference.
The Los Angeles metropolitan area will serve as the next home for the Summer Olympics after Paris in 2024, and was most recently held in Tokyo in 2021.
According to LA28, no new permanent construction or infrastructures will be needed to host the Olympic Games. The organizers are focused on utilizing the infrastructure that Southern California already has at its disposal.
Other items of consideration on the agenda include:
- the approval of Selective Traffic Enforcement Program and Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety grant agreements in the amounts of $788,000 and $42,795 respectively.
- adoption of an ordinance to amend the City’s municipal code that will control excessive and annoying noise pollution from cars and construction.
- directing staff to remove and regulate unpermitted short-term rental homes.
- developing neighborhood specific town hall programs for all parts of Huntington Beach.
- approval of license agreement between the city and the Bolsa Chica Conservancy
– Zia Zografos
Categories: Huntington Beach