It’s three (or four) weeks into the local high school football season and four area teams remain unbeaten.
Edison (4-0), the top-ranked team in our High 5 of teams in the coverage area of the Tribune, has the toughest matchup of the week.
The Chargers will travel to south Orange County to play San Clemente (4-0) on Friday night. The Tritons have already knocked off one Sunset League team, thumping Corona del Mar 23-6.
The Chargers defeated Palos Verdes last week 35-7. Parker Awad passed for 235 yards and three TDs. Carter Hogue carried 10 times for 118 yards and one score.
Our second-ranked team, Westminster (3-0), has the opposite situation, hosting winless Savanna (0-3) on Thursday.
Garden Grove (3-0), our third-place choice, will host Torrance (1-3) on Friday. Rancho Alamitos (3-0) is fourth and the only unbeaten team in the Garden Grove League. The Vaqueros (3-0) will travel to play Godinez (1-3).
Rounding out our top five is Western (3-1). The Pioneers have the week off.
Here’s the schedule for Week Four. As always, games, opponents, time, location, etc. are subject to change without notice, so check before going. Unless otherwise stated, all games are scheduled to start at 7 p.m.
- La Sierra (1-3) at Bolsa Grande (2-1)
- Pacifica (1-2) at Buena Park (2-2)
- Santiago (2-1) hosts Magnolia (0-3) at Monsoor Stadium
- Savanna (0-3) at Westminster (3-0)
- Torrance (1-3) at Garden Grove (3-0)
- Edison (4-0) at San Clemente (4-0)
- Huntington Beach (3-1) at Marina (0-3) at Bill Boswell Field
- Los Amigos (2-1) at Viewpoint/Calabasas (0-3), 6:30 p.m.
- La Quinta (0-3) hosts Estancia (1-2) at Bolsa Stadium
- Saddleback (2-1) at Orange (2-1) at Fred Kelly Stadium
- Ocean View (1-3) at Walnut (3-1)
Loara and Western have the week off.
Categories: High school sports