November means the CIF-SS playoffs for fall high school sports.
Here are the pairings, etc. for girls’ tennis and girls’ volleyball and cross country.
Eight local teams have qualified for the playoffs starting on Friday, Nov. 4. The wild card games are set for Tuesday, Nov.1
- Huntington Beach has a bye
- Edison (9-8-1) at Beverly Hills (15-5)
- Winner of Wild Card K (Rowland vs. Bonita) at La Quinta (14-4)
- Winner of Wild Card M (Bonita vs. El Rancho) at Garden Grove (14-5)
- Magnolia (9-6) hosts St. Joseph/Lakewood (7-5) in a wild card contest; the winner will visit Rim of the World (13-2)
- Bolsa Grande (10-7) will host the winner of Paramount/Workman
- Los Amigos (10-6) will visit Valley Christian (8-8) in a wild card contest; the winner will visit Villanova Prep
- Western (11-8) will host Ganesha (5-12) in a wild card contest; the winner will visit Schurr.
Marina High will play Buckley in the CIF-SS Division 5 championship finals at Cerritos College at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.
In the CIF-SS girls’ cross country rankings, Huntington Beach is fifth in Division 1.
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply