Note to readers: The Orange County Tribune is posting the results of questionnaires sent to candidates for city office in Garden Grove, Huntington Beach and Westminster as a public service. These are not paid political ads and do not imply endorsement. They are being posted in the order in which they are received.
- My name is Amory Hanson.
- I am a candidate for Huntington Beach City Council.
Resident of Huntington Beach.
- 19 years old.
- I am a student at Coastline Community College.
- My family is my father, Dr. Stefan Anson and my mother, Dr. Amy Hanson.
- I graduated from Halstrom Academy with a high school diploma in 2015
- I have not held public office or served in the military. However, I have been a member of the Boy Scouts of America for four years and have spoken at several city council meetings.
- I would like to represent the city of Huntington Beach. The current city council has had minimal impact on our city. We need to take action and get things done.
- The two key issues facing our city are the dispensation of the Michael Rodgers Senior Center and homelessness. I would like to see the Rodgers Center remain public land. I believe the community services commission should review the matter and make recommendations to the city council as to an appropriate use of this public land. Homelessness is a much more serious issue which affects the residents of Huntington Beach in a burdensome way. We must deal with the problem swiftly and effectively.
Categories: Politics & Elections