Five family members – three of them from Westminster – pleaded guilty this week to fraud charges in connection with falsifying information to get financial assistance for housing. They were convicted at Central Justice Center in Santa Ana and sentenced.
Those accused, convicted and sentenced were:
- Dong Hong Phan, 75, of Fountain Valley to two felony charges and was sentenced to five years of formal probation and 14 days in county jail. He paid $176,613 in restitution to the Santa Ana Housing Authority and the Orange County Housing Authority.
- John Giang Ky, 27, of Westminster, of four felony charges, was sentenced to three years in state prison.
- Thu Ha Le, 54, of Westminster, of seven felony charges, was sentenced to five years of formal probation and 212 days in county jail.
- Linda Linh Gia Ly, 23, of Westminster, of one misdemeanor count of grand theft by public housing fraud, and was sentenced to five years of informal probation and 44 days in county jail.
- An Tuyet Ly, 65, of Fountain Valley, of two felony counts, was sentenced to five years of formal probation and 14 days in county jail.
A sixth defendant, Thang Chinh Ly, 66, of Westminster, has a pretrial hearing set for Nov. 14. He is charged with nine felony counts and faces a maximum sentence of 13 years and four months in state prison.
Categories: Courts & Law
Leave a Reply