As the holiday season approaches, so do the various bazaars and other fundraisers conducted by charitable organizations for public service. One such event is set for this weekend.
“Baskets and Bargains” is the annual holiday shopping spree of the Assistance League of Garden Grove scheduled for this weekend at the ALGG facility at 10932 Trask Ave. (near Euclid Street) in Garden Grove.
The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For sale will be baskets, collectibles, china, linens, housewares, toys, books, gift certificates, plants and Christmas items. There will also be a bake sale, a silent auction and prizes. Light refreshments will be served.
The ALGG supports many services, including:
- Operation School Bell, which provides clothing, shoes and books to needy children
- Dental Health Center, low-cost dental care for families without financial means
- GG Bear Hug, which means Teddy Bears to comfort children in traumatic situations
- Assault survivor kit, which includes clothing, snacks and personal hygiene items for victims of sexual assault
- Save Our Sight, a program, providing students in need with eye exams, eyeglasses and/or eyeglass repair.
Donations to the ALGG are tax-deductible.
Is your organization planning a holiday fund-raising event in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area and could use from publicity? Send your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Categories: Garden Grove