Mekhel Harvey was a one-man wrecking crew for Ocean View as the Seahawks opened Golden West League in boys’ basketball with a 73-46 win over Loara Wednesday night.
Harvey scored 27 points, and grabbed 14 rebounds, blocked four shots, had a pair of steals and three assists. OVHS is now 11-6 overall.
Edison’s team, the only local squad on the CIF-SS Open Division Watch List, received a tough battle from Huntington Beach and led only 25-23 at the half, but pulled away in the third and fourth periods for a 64-54 win in a Sunset League contest. Randall Walker scored 25 points for Edison (13-3).
In the Garden Grove League, the defending champion Garden Grove (12-6) team defeated Los Amigos 58-46, led by Brandon Coleman’s 18 points. The Argos’ likely rival for the crown – Bolsa Grande (12-5) – edged Rancho Alamitos 57-55 as Matthew Bautista scored 22 for the Matadors.
Here are the scores from Wednesday’s game involving teams from the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area.
- Ocean View 73, Loara 46
- Santa Ana 68, Orange 58
- Westminster 67, Segerstrom 64
- Fountain Valley 61, Marina 53
- Edison 64, Huntington Beach 54
- Bolsa Grande 56, Rancho Alamitos 55
- Santiago 73, La Quinta 60
- Garden Grove 58, Los Amigos 46
- Orangewood 95, Discovery Prep 7
- Rancho Alamitos 51, Bolsa Grande 40
- Los Quinta 33, Santiago 17
- Garden Grove 47, Los Amigos 33
Top scorers, boys
- Mekhel Harvey (Ocean View) 27
- Anthony Nguyen (La Quinta) 26
- Randall Walker (Edison) 25
Top scorers, girls
- Kayla Casteneda (Garden Grove) 20
- Jennifer Murillo (Los Amigos 18)
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply