The Bolsa Grande boy’s basketball team got a boost in the Garden Grove League race Monday when Garden Grove defeated Santiago 60-46 to knock the Cavaliers out of a tie for first place.
Grove’s win left Bolsa in first with a 6-1 league mark (17-6 overall), followed by Santiago (14-9) in second at 5-2. There’s a tie between Grove and Rancho Alamitos for third at 4-3. Jordan Harris scored 17 points to lead the Argonauts, while Chris Robertson paced the Cavs with 15 points.
On the girls’ side, La Quinta remains atop the GGL with a 6-1 mark, followed by Garden Grove at 5-2, and Bolsa Grande at 4-3.
In a boys’ soccer game of special note, Santiago defeated Garden Grove 3-1 in a key Garden Grove League contest. The Cavs and Argos, both highly-rated in CIF-SS polls, played to a tie in their first meeting.
- Rancho Alamitos 79, La Quinta 74
- Bolsa Grande 68, Los Amigos 50
- Garden Grove 60, Santiago 46
- La Quinta 44, Rancho Alamitos 24
- Garden Grove 45, Santiago 40
- Bolsa Grande 29, Los Amigos 23
- Santiago 3, Garden Grove 1
Categories: High school sports