Five of seven local high school boys’ basketball teams survived first round CIF-SS action Wednesday night. They’ll advance to the second round on Friday.
In the feature game of the evening, Edison defeated Inglewood 86-79 in a Division 1AA game at the Charger gym.
Randall Walker scored 36 points in the win for EHS, followed by Matt Serven, who added 25 points, 12 of those on four three-pointers. The Chargers led by 20 going into the final quarter. A big fourth quarter push by the Sentinels made the score a lot closer.
Five players scored in double figures for Huntington Beach as the Oilers defeated Millikan High of Long Beach 77-69 on the road in a 1-A game. Cooper Starkel had 18 points, followed by Hayden Moore with 15.
Here are Wednesday’s scores for teams serving the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area.
- Division 1-A: Huntington Beach 77, Millikan 69
- Division 1-AA: Edison 86, Inglewood 79
- Division 3-AA: Ocean View 61, Glendora 56
- Division 3-A: Temescal Canyon 69, Pacifica 35
- Division 4-AA: Katella 67, Garden Grove 64; Santiago 52, Costa Mesa 50; Westminster 69, South Hills 62.
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply