Huntington Beach

Gas fire sends victim to hospital

A MAN injured by a gas fire was taken to a hospital by Huntington Beach paramedics Thursday morning (Wikipedia photo).

One person has been hospitalized in the wake of a gas line fire in Huntington Beach Thursday morning. According to the Keita Sato of the HBFD, the incident took place at 6782 Derby Circle at 11:02 a.m.

Six units responded to the blaze, which was sparked by the activities of a construction crew working on a house here. The workers were digging a trench along the side of the home when an electric jack hammer ignited the gas, causing a fire.

The blaze was limited to the gas line and was quickly handled by the HBFD and the Southern California Gas Co. The person injured was taken by paramedics to a local hospital. There were no damages to nearby structures.

The fire was in a tract southwest of Ellis Avenue and Goldenwest Street.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s