Huntington Beach

Pole fire stops traffic on Slater Avenue

A FIRE on a high voltage power line in Huntington Beach closed Slater Avenue Friday morning (HBFD photo).

Streets were closed and electrical power service interrupted Friday morning in Huntington Beach when a high voltage power pole caught fire.

According to Keita Sato of the Huntington Beach Fire Department, the incident was reported around 9 a.m. The pole was located at 7611 Slater Ave. While firefighters and Southern California Edison personnel addressed the incident, Slater was closed from Gothard Street and Nichols Lane to allow emergency workers to work on the pole and fire, which may have originated in an underground electrical vault.

No injuries were reported. Five HBFD units responded to the fire. Fire officials are reminding members of the public that whenever there’s an emergency associated with a high voltage power line to stay back and call 911. Don’t get close to or stand under a high voltage line.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s