Things are really heating up – or one might say cooling down – for the holiday season in the entertainment field. Here’s a look at what’s planned for this weekend and beyond in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area.
Movies: Different kind of “Disaster” flick
- “The Disaster Artist” is a comedy-drama about the making of “The Room,” considered by many to be the worst film in recent cinematic history. Starring James Franco, Seth Rogen and Alison Brie. Rated R.
- “The Shape of Water” is a science-fiction drama about a mute cleaning lady who befriends an alien aquatic creature held for study in a secret government facility. Starring Sally Hawkins and Doug Jones. Rated. R.
On Stage: “Holiday” and “Wonderful”
- “The Holiday Gem” continues this weekend at the Gem Theater on Main Street in Garden Grove with shows Friday through Sunday. Closes on Dec. 17.
- “A Wonderful Life” opens on Friday at the Rose Center Theater on All American Way in Westminster. Performances on Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
Events: Light the pier and the trees
- The “Light A Light of Love” pier lighting ceremony will be held on Sunday at the Pier Plaza near the Huntington Beach Pier from 3-7 p.m. The event features a children’s parade, entertainment, a Taste of Main Street, and a snowflake-lighting ceremony at the pier.
- The Westminster Tree-Lighting Ceremony will be held on Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the Civic Center at 8200 Westminster Blvd. Music and more.
- Garden Grove’s 11th annual Christmas Tree Lighting will take place on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Village Green Park (Main and Euclid streets). Music, food, Santa and more.
Categories: Arts & Leisure
Leave a Reply