Seventeen candidates have taken out nomination papers to run for school board seats for districts serving the West Orange County communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
As the final week of filing starts on Monday – the deadline is Friday, Aug 10, unless an incumbent doesn’t run – these are the potential candidates, according to the Orange County Registrar of Voters.
Incumbents are marked with an *.
- Garden Grove Unified, District 2:Lan Quac Nguyen*.
- Garden Grove Unified, District 4:George Reis.
- Huntington Beach City School District:(three seats): Paul Morrow*,
Shari Kowalke*, Diana Marks and Karrie Burroughs.
- Huntington Beach Union High School District(three seats): Bonnie Castrey*, Duane Dishno*, Kathleen Iverson, Saul Edward Lankster,
Martin Salgado and Diana Lee Carey.
- Ocean View School District(three): John Briscoe* and Kate Holmes.
- Westminster School District, District 2:Xavier Nguyen.
- Westminster School District, District 3: Khanh Nguyen*.
- Westminster School District, District 5:Jeremy Khalaf.
In the Midway City Sanitary District, with three seats to be filled, the candidates are Margie Rice*, Frank Cobo*, Sergio Contreras, Andrew Nguyen and Andy Quach.
That race will include several well-known names. Rice is a long-serving member of the Westminster City Council, Contreras is also on that city council and Quach is a former member of the council.
Categories: Politics & Elections
Leave a Reply