Thursday night was the night of the blowouts as all five games involving teams for the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Stanton-Westminster area featured lopsided scores.
Here are the results.
- Edison 40, Newport Harbor 10. The Chargers squared their season record at 4-4 and improved their Sunset League mark to 2-1 with the win at Sheue Field. Braeden Boyles passed for 127 yards and one score, while Kobe Lopez rushed for 164 yards and three touchdowns.
- Tustin 45, Pacifica 7. After falling behind 35-0 at the half, the Mariners were unable to rally enough to catch the Tillers. Isaiah Blevins rushed for 155 yards for the visitors, who saw their record fall to 4-4 overall and 2-1 in the Empire League.
- Katella 60, Magnolia 0. The Sentinels took a beating from the unbeaten Knights. They are now 2-6 overall and 0-3 in the Orange League.
- Santiago 42, La Quinta 20. Adam Reyes rushed for 124 yards as the Cavaliers defeated the Aztecs at Monsoor Stadium. Santiago is now 5-3 overall and 2-1 in the Garden Grove League, while La Quinta is 3-5 and 1-2.
- Garden Grove 72, Westminster 20. The Argonauts ran wild in their Big 4 opener, boosting their record to 7-1 overall. The Lions are 0-8.
Categories: High school sports