The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival Association annually accepts requests for grants/donations from non-profit organizations that serve the citizens of Garden Grove. Letters requesting funds must be postmarked no later than the last day of December of the year it is submitted to be considered for donations.
All letters must be submitted on the non-profit organization’s letterhead and include the non-profit identification number, amount of the request and the purpose for funding. Donations are limited to capital improvements and capital equipment or durable goods. Funds are not given to organizations which award charitable cash grants. Organizations will be reimbursed the donation amount awarded when paid invoices are submitted after completion of purchases or capital improvements.
Other selection criteria considered include organizations which:
- Put majority of its time and finances toward the betterment of the community.
- Have sound track record of fiscal responsibility, or for new groups, plans to achieve financial soundness.
- Demonstrate stability and consistency in attaining goals and fulfilling its purpose.
- Demonstrate a specific need.
- Provide services regardless of race, creed, gender, or age.
Requests must be mailed to: The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival Association P.O. Box 2287 Garden Grove, CA 92842 Attention: Donations Committee.
The Strawberry Festival is an annual non-profit 501-c-3 event produced by the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival Association, a dedicated volunteer group which has raised more than $7 million for various charities since its inception in 1958. The festival is held all four days of Memorial Day weekend. Current dates are posted on the festival website: http://www.strawberryfestival.org.
Categories: Garden Grove