After the long holiday break, the city councils of Garden Grove and Stanton will be holding their first meetings of 2019 on Tuesday, both at 6:30 p.m.
The Garden Grove meeting will feature a light agenda including:
- recognition of the Garden Grove Bulldogs youth football team for winning league and regional titles and qualifying to compete for the national crown;
- second and final approval of an ordinance modifying development standards for hotels in the heavy commercial zone.
The council meets in its chambers in the Community Meeting Center at 11300 Stanford Avenue.
The Stanton meeting’s agenda includes the topics of:
- recognition of the Western High School football team as CIF-SS champions;
- public employee appointment for the post of city manager;
- approval of the city’s strategic plan;
- appointments by the mayor to various boards, commissions, committees and agencies
- adoption of an interim urgency ordinance establishing a temporary moratorium on a massage business pending study and preparation of an update to the city’s municipal and zoning code.
The council meets in its chambers in City Hall, located at 7800 Katella Ave.