The Anaheim Ducks lost their ninth game in a row Wednesday, falling 2-1 to the Ottawa Senators in overtime at Honda Center.
They led early on a first period goal by Jakob Silfverberg, but couldn’t hold on. Bobby Ryan, a former Duck, tied the game at 10:37 of the third period, and Colin White scored the game-winner in OT.
Anaheim got a point for the overtime loss, and the team record now stands at 19-17-8, still in fourth place in the NHL Pacific Division. Next up is a game Friday at Honda Center against the Pittsburgh Penguins (24-14-6),
“You can’t change what happened tonight, so you do your best to prepare,” Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said. “You turn the page on what just happened. These are the difficult ones to turn the page on. You can’t carry this forward too long. You have to be able to flush this. We have a real good hockey team coming in on Friday in Pittsburgh. We know what they can do. It’s about preparing ourselves for the next one.”
High school basketball results
Here are scores for local prep basketball contests played Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Edison 58, Fountain Valley 50
- Valencia 40, Pacifica 37
- Corona del Mar 83, Marina 76
- Los Alamitos 84, Huntington Beach 51
- Savanna 54, Magnolia 51
- Bolsa Grande 61, Rancho Alamitos 49
- Pacifica 50, Valencia 44
- Orangewood Academy 57, St. Margaret’s 16
- La Quinta 51, Santiago 46
- Garden Grove 63, Western 38
- Ocean View 67, Segerstrom 54
- Westminster 55, Godinez 38
- Verbum Dei 56, Orangewood Academy 44
- Edison 47, Fountain Valley 43
- Garden Grove 73, Western 44
- Corona del Mar, 57, Marina 33
- Huntington Beach 71, Newport Harbor 24
- Westminster 43, Godinez 35.