The Surf League for girls’ basketball is all knotted up after Huntington Beach’s 45-33 win over Corona del Mar on Thursday.
Led by Meghan McIntyre’s 15 points and three steals, the Oilers improved to 18-6 overall and 2-1 in league. Andie Payne contributed 10 points, 13 rebounds and six blocked shots for HBHS. It was the team’s fourth straight win.
First place in the league is now tied among Huntington Beach, Corona del Mar and Los Alamitos, all 2-1.
Here are high school basketball results from Thursday for teams serving the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
- Capistrano Valley Christian 65, Orangewood Academy 31
- Marina 51, Newport Harbor 30
- Santa Ana 48, Orange 27
- Orangewood Academy 69, Avalon 23
- Los Alamitos 66, Edison 29
- Huntington Beach 45, Corona del Mar 33
Categories: High school sports