Garden Grove

Man badly burned in mobile home fire

A MOBILE HOME was destroyed and a man badly burned in a fire Tuesday evening in Garden Grove (GGFD photo).

A man was critically injured and his mobile home destroyed in an explosion and fire Tuesday afternoon in Garden Grove.

According to Capt. Thanh Nguyen of the Garden Grove Fire Department, firefighters were sent to the 13000 block of Fairview Street around 6:20 p.m. Arriving units found a man with injuries outside the unit, which was in flames.

Leaking natural gas that reignited the blaze each time progress was made in getting it under control hampered the firefighting efforts. It took 27 firefighters 30 minutes to finally get it under control.

Firefighter-paramedics treated the man for burn injuries and he was taken to a burn center in critical condition.

The mobile home is considered a complete loss and an adjacent unit had minor scorch damage on its exterior. An investigation is underway and the fire is considered to be accidental with a gas leak from an appliance not ruled out as the cause.

Leave a Reply