The week starts with an observance of Veterans Day and conclude with the start of commemoration of the opening of Garden Grove’s Main Library. In between, there are movies, plays, meetings and more. Here’s the outlook for Garden Grove. Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
WEATHER: Are we finally going to get some consistent autumn weather? Well, could be. According to the National Weather Service, highs will peak on Tuesday (high 70s and low 80s) and then drop to the mid-and-low 70s in the area by Friday. Things should heat up a bit by next weekend, then stay in the 70s through most of the month. Overnight lows will drop into the low 50s and high 40s.
- Garden Grove City Council, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. Main topics: Tet parade, contract for bike and pedestrian path.
- Westminster Planning Commission, Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Signs for Carvana auto dealership.
- Huntington Beach City Council special meeting, Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. Urban planning workshop.
- Stanton City Council, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. Tina Pacific affordable housing project.
- Huntington Beach Planning Commission, Tuesday, 6 p.m. Three-story townhome project at 712 Utica Ave. Four-story commercial building at 321 3rd St. (between Orange and Olive avenues).
EVENTS: Sunday will begin a week of events related to the half-century mark of Garden Grove’s main library. Tribune editor and publisher Jim Tortolano will speak on the history of Garden Grove on Sunday from 1-2:30 p.m.
“Meet on Beach” will showcase the possibilities of Beach Boulevard with events all up and down Highway 39 from La Habra to Huntington Beach on Sunday. Events are planned for Stanton, Garden Grove, Westminster and Huntington Beach. For details go to: https://www.meetonbeach.com .
ENTERTAINMENT: Relax in your chair and enjoy these local live performances this weekend:
- “Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” at Golden West College.
- “Alice in Wonderland” at Rose Center Theater in Westminster.
- “A Nice Family Gathering” at Westminster Community Playhouse.”
And opening in cinemas this week …
- “Charlie’s Angels,” rated PG-13.
- “Ford v. Ferrari,” rated PG-13.
- “The Good Liar,” rated R.
AND DON’T FORGET …
As of Monday, Nov. 11, there are only 43 days until Christmas.