If you’re not done with the holiday shopping, you’d best put it in gear. Of course, all work and no play … Well, you know the rest. Here’s our guide to what’s happening in the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
WEATHER: It looks like the rainy weather is gone, for a while at least. The sky should be partly cloudy or mostly sunny through most of the week. Highs are expected to be in the mid 60s going up to the low 70s.
MEETINGS: Important government action anticipated this week.
- Garden Grove City Council will meet on Tuesday and the biggest item on the agenda is a master developer agreement for the Willowick Golf Course site. That’s at 6:30 p.m.
- Westminster City Council will meet on Wednesday to select a map for its change from at-large council elections to by-district voting. That’s at 7 p.m.
- Stanton City Council will meet on Tuesday to vote on a contract with the County of Orange to provide some services to Stanton, primarily in the area of public works. That’s at 6:30 p.m.
EVENTS: Better late than never. The “Winter in the Grove” holiday celebration, complete with Christmas tree lighting, entertainment and a visit by Santa, will be held on Thursday in Village Green Park (Main and Euclid streets) from 5-8 p.m. It was postponed from Saturday because of the threat of rain.
ENTERTAINMENT: In movie houses and on live stages this week:
- New film releases this coming weekend will include: “Jumanji: The Next Level,” “Bombshell,” “Richard Jewell,” “Uncut Gems” and “Black Christmas.”
- Live theater performances include “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast” at the Gem Theater in Garden Grove (Thursday to Sunday) and “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella” at the Rose Center Theater in Westminster.
SPORTS: The Anaheim Ducks will be home at Honda Center on Thursday against the Los Angeles Kings at 7 p.m. and Saturday against the New York Rangers at 1 p.m.
Categories: Across the Area
Leave a Reply