In order to head off large gatherings over the Easter weekend, parts of the East Central Park in Huntington Beach will be closed to the public.
The closure began on Friday and will be lifted on the afternoon of Monday (April 13).
Closed will be:
- grass area behind the library
- sports complex parking lot
- Central Library parking lot
- parking lot on Slater Avenue between Gothard Street and Goldenwest Street
- parking lot on Gothard between Talbert Avenue and Slater Avenue
- Inlet Drive will be closed on Saturday night. Kathy May’s restaurant will remain open on Saturday for takeout food
- The Secret Garden will be closed on Sunday morning.
Huntington Beach police will patrol these areas during the weekend and all closed areas will be taped off to discourage gatherings. It’s all part of an effort to practice social distancing.
Categories: Huntington Beach