Due to the continuing COVID-19 health emergency, and in concurrence with the executive orders by Governor Gavin Newsom, the City of Garden Grove has officially extended its local emergency order to continue until further notice.
The local emergency order maintains extended closures of City Hall and city facilities; cancellation of city programs and classes; suspension of water shut-offs for non-payment, and acceptance of late water payments without penalty; discontinuation of street sweeping parking citations; moratorium on rental evictions and foreclosures; and suspension on limitations on the hours operation of, and deliveries to, businesses and establishments engaged in essential activities, all until further notice. The city’s Emergency Operation Centers will also remain activated until further notice.
The previous local emergency order, extended on Thursday, March 26, 2020, was set to expire on Friday, April 17, 2020. The city originally proclaimed the existence of a local emergency due to COVID-19, on Monday, March 16, 2020, that went into effect the following day.
As a reminder, water bill payments can be made online at ggcity.org/water, over the phone at (888) 867-2992, mailed to Garden Grove City Hall, located at 11222 Acacia Parkway, Garden Grove 92840, or non-cash payments may be placed in the drop-off box located in front of Garden Grove City Hall.
Other City measures to continue until further notice include:
- Closure of all park amenities, including restrooms, playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment, basketball, handball, tennis courts, and athletic fields.
- Closure of H. Louis Lake Senior Center, 11300 Stanford Avenue. Continued meal distribution for seniors. For information call (714) 741-5253.
- Closure of Atlantis Play Center, 13630 Atlantis Way; and Garden Grove Sports & Recreation Center, 13641 Deodara Drive.
- Closure of all city rental facilities.
- Closure of the Garden Grove Police Department headquarters front lobby, 11301 Acacia Parkway. For non-emergencies, questions, and reports, please call (714) 741-5704. 9-1-1 for emergencies.
- Closure of Republic Services offices. Refuse payments can be made at republicservices.com or by calling (714) 238-2444. Curbside recycling and yard waste collection services remain in place, but bulk and e-waste programs suspended; drivers will no longer pick up waste left outside of residential or commercial containers. Contact Republic Services for more information.
For a complete directory of city services visit ggcity.org/modified-services. For additional information on city services, including community resources, business assistance, and notifications through the city’s mobile app, visit the city’s coronavirus webpage at ggcity.org/coronavirus.
Categories: Garden Grove