The high school baseball season may have – along with a lot of other activities – stopped abruptly, but there are still some moments and people to feel especially good about.
Golden West League coaches have assembled a “dream team” of players who excelled in the abbreviated 2020 season. Here are those players from The Tribune’s coverage area – Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster – thus honored. The list comes to us from http://www.ocsportszone.com .
- Raiden Bazurto, senior, Western, 1B/OF.
- Christian Bedolla, senior, Westminster, P/3B/SS.
- Angel Crisantos, senior, Garden Grove, OF.
- Josh Garcia, junior, Western, SS/P.
- Caleb Hohman, junior, Ocean View, RHP/INF.
- Cody Hockett, senior, Western, P/OF.
- Nathan Huyler, senior, Garden Grove, SS.
- Shane Hoodman, senior, Ocean View, LHP/OF.
- Jimmy Legg, Ocean View, junior, INF.
- Matt Malloy, senior, Westminster, P/2B/3B.
- Brando Monroy, Westminster, RF/DH.
- Anthony Morales, senior, Westminster, LF.
- Joshua Ocampo, senior, Ocean View, senior, OF.
- Osvaldo Ortiz, senior, Western, C/1B.
- Logan Pactwa, senior, Garden Grove, P.
- Joseph Peraza, senior, Garden Grove, P/INF.
Argonauts, Jaguars battled for lead
The 2020 Golden West League baseball season was cut short, but here are how things stood when the “game” was called on account of pandemic.
Garden Grove was atop the GWL with a 3-0 record (8-2) overall. In second place was Segerstrom (3-1, 6-5). Following were Westminster (2-2, 7-5), Ocean View (0-1, 4-6-1), Godinez (0-2, 2-7) and Western (0-2, 1-5).
Categories: High school sports