Orange County continues to be the scene for numerous protests – most of them peaceful – over the death of George Floyd at the hands of police officers in Minneapolis on May 25.
Here’s what we know about events in the area on Tuesday.
- In Anaheim, the curfew start for today (Tuesday) was pushed back to 9 p.m. and will run until 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. Police reported 20 arrests were made on Monday.
- In Brea, demonstrators rallied at Birch Street and Brea Boulevard.
- In Costa Mesa, about 150 protesters gathered outside the Orange County Fairgrounds.
- In Garden Grove, a curfew was imposed from 6 p.m. Tuesday to 5:30 a.m. Wednesday and again Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. through 5:30 a.m. the next morning. A protest rally is scheduled for 4 p.m. on Wednesday in front of City Hall.
- In Irvine, a rally was held at Alton and Culver.
- In Los Alamitos, over 100 people rallied near Los Al High School.
- In Newport Beach, four protests are scheduled for Wednesday.
- In Yorba Linda, a few dozen people sat on the wall at the Yorba Linda Library and Birthplace. A larger group met at the Yorba Linda Town Center.
Categories: Orange County