The path is continuing to be cleared for the eventual commercial sale, cultivation and distribution of cannabis products in Stanton. On Tuesday night the council approved limits on the number of such businesses, tax rates and other related measures.
The limits will be:
- No more than four cultivation uses.
- No more than four distributor uses.
- No more than four distributor-transport only uses.
- No more than four manufacturing uses.
- No more than four retail delivery-only sales uses.
- No more than four retail “storefront” sales uses.
- No more than four testing laboratory uses.
The initial tax rates for “pot” businesses operating in Stanton would include:
- $12 per square foot of canopy space for those involved in commercial cultivation.
- For a testing laboratory, 2.5 percent of gross receipts.
- For retailers of cannabis, 6 percent of gross receipts.
- For distributors, 3 percent of gross receipts.