Eleven area high school boys basketball teams and eight girls’ teams are in the CIF-SS playoffs starting this week. Most games – unless otherwise noted – will be played at 7 p.m.
Here are the pairings involving boys’ school teams serving the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster, as posted Sunday by the CIF-SS on Sunday.
- Division 2AA: Edison at Fountain Valley
- Division 3A: Marina at Garden Grove; Northwood at Ocean View
- Division 4AA: Orangewood Academy has a first round bye and will be playing winner of Burroughs/Ridgecrest vs. Arrowhead Christian in second round; Pacifica at Santiago
- Division 5AA: Rancho Alamitos at Anaheim; Mountain View at Bolsa Grande; Western has a bye and will play the winner of Big Bear vs.Canyon Springs in the second round.
- Division 5A: Orange at Hillcrest Christian/Thousand Oaks
Here are the pairings for girls’ teams. First round games will be on Thursday, May 27, except for the Open Division.
- The Open Division will employ a round-robin format. Orangewood Academy will play Windward on Saturday, May 29 in Pool A action, then take on West/Torrance on Wednesday, June 2 and Centennial/Corona on Saturday, June 5. The winner each pool will meet on Friday, June 11.
- Division 1: Bishop Montgomery at Huntington Beach
- Division 2A: Garden Grove has a first round bye and will visit Eisenhower in round two on Saturday, May 29
- Division 3A: Westminster at California; Knight at Edison
- Division 4AA: Centennial/Compton at Santiago; La Quinta at Bishop Conaty-Loretto; Rancho Alamitos at Rosemead.
Games, times and locations are subject to change without notice. Check with the CIF-SS or host school for updated information.
Categories: High school sports