The schedule for commencement exercises in the Huntington Beach Union High School District for the Class of 2021 has been announced:
- Huntington Beach: Tuesday, June 15, 4-5 p.m., on campus.
- Valley Vista (Continuation): Wednesday, June 16, 2-3 p.m., on campus
- Fountain Valley: Wednesday, June 16, 4-5 p.m., Huntington Beach High.
- Ocean View: Wednesday, June 16, 4-5 p.m., on campus
- Westminster: Wednesday, June 16, 5-6 p.m., on campus
- Edison: Thursday, June 17, 4-5 p.m. Huntington Beach High
- Marina: Thursday, June 17, 4-5 p.m., Westminster High.
- Hannah Gorton of Huntington Beach has been named to the dean’s honor list at Cedarville University in Ohio for the spring term.
- Bailey Nelson of Huntington Beach has been graduated from Jacksonville State University in Alabama with a degree in social work.
- Joseph A. LaCasto of Huntington Beach has graduated from Mars Hill University in North Carolina with a master’s degree in management.
Boy Scout Troop 167 at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Garden Grove is recruiting for boys and girls interested in Scouting. Activities include outings, campouts, hikes, tours and community service projects. Meetings are Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at 12301 Magnolia St. (between Chapman Avenue and Lampson Avenue) .For more information, contact Robin Hoyle at (562) 346-4390 or Guillermo Quiroz at (619) 892-2447.
“Grab and Go Meals” for children and teens (up to 18) are available Tuesdays to Fridays at two library locations in Garden Grove. Free healthy meals offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Children must be present at the time of the pickup, and meals will need to be heated at home. Go to the Main Library at 12000 Stanford Ave. (at Euclid Street) phone number (714) 530-0711 or Chapman Library, 9182 Chapman Ave. (east of Magnolia Street), phone (714) 539-2115. Hours of distribution are 11 a.m. to noon.
Mark Eaton, a graduate of Westminster High (Class of 1975) passed away on Friday, the apparent victim of a bicycle crash in Utah. After WHS, he played basketball at Cypress College, then for UCLA. He was drafted by the Utah Jazz in 1982 and was known as a defensive star. The 7-foot, 4-inch center blocked 3,064 shots in his NBA career. After retiring from basketball, he was a motivational speaker.
Pacifica High School Class of 2021 Graduation Celebration Car Parade is scheduled for Tuesday, June 8. The procession will start from Eastgate Park in West Garden Grove (west of Valley View Street, and the western terminus of Chapman Avenue) at 6 p.m. The route of the parade will wind through most residential tracts of the area. Seniors and parents wishing to take part should arrive between 5:30 and 6 p.m. The event is not sponsored by PHS or the Garden Grove Unified School District.
Have a news item you’d like to share with the readership of The Orange Countu Tribune? Send it firstname.lastname@example.org .
Categories: Across the Area