Santa Ana

Fire chases guests from motel

SMOKE billows from a second story room at a motel in Santa Ana on Saturday morning (OCFA).

A fire at a Santa Ana motel rousted guests from their rooms Saturday morning.

According to the Orange County Fire Authority, which provides fire and paramedic service for Santa Ana, the blaze was reported at about 7:15 a.m. at the motel in the 1500 block of East First Street.

Firefighters knocked it down in just nine minutes, a task complicated by guests trying to get back into their rooms to grab their belongings.

Fire safety experts urge people in such a situation to “Get out. Stay out.” There’s no possession in that room that’s worth your life.

There were no reported injuries.

Categories: Santa Ana

Tagged as: ,

Leave a Reply