To our readers: In a story posted earlier, our article indicated that the population of Garden Grove has declined by a small amount from 2010 to 2021. Those numbers were based on the https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities site.
However, a review of material within the U.S. Census Bureau’s posting of population estimates for cities shows differences. Therefore we are altering our coverage here to reflect new information. Final numbers are expected to be available in September.
The latest city population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau shows that the five largest cities in Orange County have gained residents. In the Tribune’s coverage area of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster, three cities showed increases. Only Stanton showed a decline.
- Anaheim: 353,676, up from 336,265 in 2010
- Garden Grove: 171,366, up from 170,883
- Huntington Beach: 198,246, up from 189,992
- Irvine: 283,700, up from 212,375
- Santa Ana: 331,301, up from 324,528
- Stanton: 37,904, down from 38,186
- Westminster: 89,740, up from 89,701.
Categories: Orange County