The sometimes uncivil “civil war” on the Westminster City Council may resume on Wednesday as the agenda contains several items touching on what have been sore points in the past.
Among the items listed are:
- a proposed resolution denouncing Mayor Tri Ta’s resolution of commendation to actress Ngo Thanh Van (also known as Veronica Ngo);
- consideration of an interview clip from Saigon Entertainment Television containing material that’s been controversial;
- a request to consider changing the office of mayor from direct election to rotational among council members;
- review of the council policy regarding recognition and proclamations;
- a resolution adopting a policy governing public official and employee interactions;
- a request for a nepotism policy for city boards, commission and committees;
- appointment to the controversial Quang Tri Monument Committee.
As a consequence of the angry divisions that have characterized previous meetings, sometimes extending them into the early hours of Thursday morning, the council will also consider a resolution setting an adjournment time for city council meetings.
The council will meet via teleconference with a closed session at 5 p.m. and an open session at 7 p.m.