The sequel to the last contentious meeting of the Westminster City Council is on the agenda for Wednesday’s session of that body.
Several items were continued from the Oct. 13 meeting which – like many recent meetings – ran late into the night. They included:
- a resolution on creating a policy governing the interactions between public officials and city employees;
- a request to consider changing the office of mayor from direct election to rotational among council members;
- a request for a nepotism policy for boards, commissions and committees;
- a review of council policy regarding recognition and proclamations;
- an ordinance setting a midnight adjournment time for council meetings, unless a majority of the council votes to extend it.
Also on the agenda is a proposed resolution asking that Westminster remain in Assembly, state Senate and Congressional districts that are not shared with Long Beach, and only share districts with other Orange County communities.
The council will meet in teleconference with a closed session at 5 p.m. and an open session at 7 p.m.