Nine area high school football teams qualified for the CIF-SS football playoffs starting on Friday.
Those teams will compete in 14 divisions, arranged based on a new system of “competitive equity,” in which teams are assigned to divisions based on their performance throughout the season, rather than enrollment as has been done in the past. Four teams – Edison, Orange, Pacifica and Loara – are seeded in the top four in their divisions.
According to the seeding and brackets released by the CIF-SS office on Sunday morning, here are the pairings by divisions. All games are planned to begin at 7:30 p.m., unless both school agree to another time and with the approval of the CIF-SS office.
Division 2. Edison is seeded fourth
- Inglewood (9-0) at Edison (7-3)
Division 4. Orange is seeded third
Palos Verdes (5-4) at Orange (7-3)
Division 7. Pacifica is seeded third
- Xavier Prep (6-3-1) at Pacifica (8-2)
- South/Torrance (5-5) at Garden Grove (7-3)
- Santiago (8-2) at Harvard/Westlake (5-5)
- Westminster (8-2) at Lake Elsinore/Lakeside (6-4).
- Quartz Hill (4-4) at Rancho Alamitos (9-1)
- Magnolia (4-5-1) at South Pasadena (5-5)
Division 14. Loara is seeded second
- El Monte (4-5) at Loara (4-6).
Categories: High school sports