Winners of the 2022 Businesses of the Year as selected by the Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce have been chosen. They will be honored at the 115th annual Gala Dinner at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South, 11767 Harbor Blvd., Garden Grove on Saturday, April 23.
The honorees are will be:
- Large Business: Envise/Southland Industries, located at 12131 Western Ave., Garden Grove.
- Small Business: NOVA Kitchen and Bar, located at 12361 Chapman Ave., Garden Grove.
- Community Service: Laura’s House, providing support and education aimed at ending domestic violence.
Also honored will be the 2022 Man and Woman of the Year.
For more information, including placing a congratulatory ad in the event program as well as sponsorship opportunities, call (714) 638-7950.
Jennifer Carey has been promoted to the position of public affairs manager for the City of Huntington Beach. She will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive communications, community relations and marketing program, for the city.
Before taking on her new role, she served as public information officer for the Huntington Beach Police Department. She will remain as the acting PIO for the HBPD until her replacement is appointed.
“Purple Pig Golf” on Feb. 6
Registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. shotgun start. An awards banquet will follow at the lodge, 11551 Trask Ave., Garden Grove. Fees will be $100 per person or $400 for a foursome.
The event will raise funds to help children with disabilities to walk, see and play. Call (562-500-9800) for more information; call (714) 534-1952 for payment and registration.
GG Elks host Red Cross blood drive
It’s open to the public and lodge members. To make an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org . There are walk-ins. For information, call the lodge office at (714) 534-1952 or (714) 980-0605.
More local students are honored
Here are degrees and honors recently granted to college and university students from the communities of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Stanton and Westminster.
- Danielle Phillips of Huntington Beach was awarded a bachelor of science degree in human environmental sciences from the University of Alabama at the fall 2021 commencement ceremonies.
- Tyler Tran of Westminster has been named to the dean’s list at Curry College (Massachusetts) for the fall 2021 term.
- Nicholas Kennedy of Huntington Beach has been named to the dean’s list at University of Iowa for the fall 2021 term.
Send information for “Our Towns” to The Tribune at email@example.com .
Categories: Across the Area