Candidates for local offices are beginning to “throw hats in the ring” for school board and other government posts in the Nov. 8 general election.
Here’s a list (current as of Tuesday p.m.) of people who have taken out nomination papers with the county register of voters.
The deadline for returning completed papers is Friday, Aug. 12.
Garden Grove Unified School District Board of Education:
• Trustee Area 2: Nicole James, Mark Anthony Paredes.
• Trustee Area 4: Bob Harden (incumbent)
Huntington Beach Union High School District Board of Trustees (three seats)
• Christine Hernandez, Matthew Harper, Duane Dishno (incumbent), Angela Salinadari, Diana Lee Carey (incumbent), Brian McClimans, Bonnie Castrey (incumbent).
Huntington Beach City School District Board:
• Trustee Area 2: Quinn Stahl.
• Trustee Area 4: Autumn DiGiovanni, Diana Morris.
• Trustee Area 5: Julie Norton, Paul R. Murrow.
Ocean View School District Governing Board (three seats)
• Shawn Wood, Elizabeth Westmoreland
Midway City Sanitary District Board (three seats)
• Amy Phan West, Sergio Contreras.
Orange County Board of Supervisors
• Second District: Kim Bernice Nguyen, Vicente Sarmiento.
Candidates for city council seats file their paperwork with the city clerk in their city.
The Orange County Tribune will update those lists periodically.
Categories: Politics & Elections