The final batting order and list of qualified candidates for four seats on the Huntington Beach City Council has been determined for the Nov. 8 general election.
This year, the filing period was extended until Wednesday because one eligible incumbent – Kim Carr – didn’t file for re-election.
All 18 qualified candidates’ names were ordered on the ballot on a random draw. Here’s the list (and the candidates’ ballot designation) as posted by the city clerk’s office.
- Kenneth Inouye (retired CPA)
- Bobby Britton (entrepreneur)
- Pat Burns (retired police officer)
- Brian Burley (Huntington Beach business owner)
- Oscar D. Rodriguez (asset manager/commissioner)
- Robert V. Reider (senior business consultant)
- Gracey Van Der Mark (business owner)
- Mike Vogler (attorney)
- David Clifford (transportation executive/business owner)
- Gina Clayton-Tarvin (board member, Ocean View School District)
- William “Billy” O’Connell (non-profit CEO/director)
- Gabrielle Samiy (student)
- Tony Strickland (business owner, Huntington Beach commissioner)
- Casey McKeon (business owner, finance commissioner)
- Jill Hardy (teacher)
- Amory Hanson (historic resources boardman)
- Jeffrey Hansler (organizational development consultant)
- Vera Fair (project manager).
Categories: Politics & Elections