This is, for most area high school football teams, the relative calm before the storm. It’s the last week before league play begins.
That doesn’t mean that there aren’t some good football games coming up, though
On Thursday, two of our High Five teams will clash as Garden Grove (4-0) takes on Western (3-1). Also Pacifica (1-3), a team better than its record, hosts Banning High of Wilmington (2-3), which has been historically a powerhouse in the L.A. City Section of the CIF.
Three locals will be seeking their first win of the season. La Quinta, Marina and Magnolia (all 0-4) will be playing Friday, two of them facing opponents who are also winless.
Here’s the schedule for area high school football games. As always, games, locations, times, etc, are subject to change without notice, so check ahead of time. All games, unless otherwise noted, will start at 7 p.m.
Huntington Beach and Edison have the week off.
- Garden Grove (4-0) at Western (3-1)
- Anaheim (0-4) at Santiago (3-1) at Monsoor Stadium
- Banning (2-3) at Pacifica (1-3) at Bolsa Stadium.
- Bolsa Grande (2-2) at Godinez Fundamental (1-4)
- La Quinta (0-4) at Century (0-4)
- Artesia (0-3-1) at Los Amigos (3-1)
- Magnolia (0-4) at Westminster (4-0)
- Orange (3-2) at St. Margaret (0-5)
- Ocean View (1-4) at Rancho Alamitos (4-0)
- Marina (0-4) at St. Anthony (0-4).
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply