At least that’s the message that will likely come down at Tuesday’s meeting of the Huntington Beach City Council.
The council will take up recommendations to lower speed limits at eight locations in the city in order to improve safety.
• 17th Street: Pacific Coast Highway from 35 miles an hour to 30 miles an hour
- Atlanta Avenue: Newland Street to Magnolia Street from 45 to 40
- Channel Lane: Admiralty Drive to Gilbert Drive from 30 to 25
- Delaware Street: Atlanta Avenue to Adams Avenue 35 to 30
- Delaware Street: Garfield Avenue to Ellis Avenue 35 to 30
- Graham Street: South city limit to Slater Avenue 35 to 30
- Orange Avenue: 1st Street to 17th Street 30 to 25.
- Peninsula Lane: Summit Drive to Garfield Avenue 35 to 30.
All these changes would go into effect 30 days after approval by the council.
The council will meet in its chambers at 6 p.m. at 2000 Main St. (at Yorktown Avenue).
Categories: Huntington Beach
Leave a Reply