Babies and bad guys and beaches are on top this weekend for entertainment in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area. Here’s the lineup:
Two major films in release locally.
- “Storks.” Animated comedy tale of what storks deliver now that babies have, uh, a different form of arrival. Rated PG. Voices by Andy Samberg, Kate Crown, Kelsey Grammar, Jennifer Anniston.
- “The Magnificent Seven.” A remake of the classic 1960 Western about a group of gunslingers hired to save a town from evil men. Rated PG-13. Starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke.
At the Rose Center Theater in Westminster, a kids’ performance of “Once On This Island” opens Friday. It’s a musical adaptation of “The Little Mermaid” tale by Hans Christian Andersen, only with a Caribbean flair. Shows Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
Regular fun stuff this weekend includes:
- Art-A-Faire in the Pier Plaza next to the Huntington Beach Pier Friday after 11 a.m. Over 50 vendors selling handmade gifts and crafts.
- Friday Night Car Show on Main Street in Garden Grove, 4-8 p.m. Classic cars, food and music.
- Farmers’ Market on Main street in Garden Grove 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food, crafts, music and more.
Categories: Arts & Leisure
Leave a Reply