Three local girls were honored as all-CIF-SS for girls’ volleyball this week.
Selected by the Girls Volleyball Coaches’ Selection Committee were:
- Hannah Phair (Division 1, Edison, outside hitter)
- Cami Sanchez (Division 1, Huntington Beach, outside hitter)
- Sivea Gauta (Division 7, Garden Grove, outside hitter).
PREP BASKETBALL SCORES
Here are results for high school basketball games Thursday for teams in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area.
- Buena Park 71, Westminster 54
- Edison 61, Santa Monica 47
- Santa Ana 70, La Quinta 48
- La Quinta 28, Magnolia 18
- Orangewood 50, St. Paul 48
- Oxford 64, Santiago 31
- Pacifica 53, Katella 27
- Esperanza 47, Huntington Beach 42
- Garden Grove 62, Orange 4
DUCKS FLY INTO FIRST PLACE
The Anaheim Ducks rallied from an early two-goal deficit Thursday to defeat the Boston Bruins 4-3 on the road and move into a tie for first place in the NHL Pacific Division. The Ducks now stand at 18-10-5. Their 37 points has them in a deadlock with San Jose (18-11-5).
After falling behind 2-0, Anaheim answered with goals by Andrew Cogliano (his eighth of the season) and Kevin Bieksa (his second) to knot the game up. From there, in the second period the Ducks got tallies from Josh Manson (first) and Rickard Rakell (12th) to go on top 4-3. The third quarter was scoreless.
Jonathan Bernier had 31 saves in goal for Anaheim. Next up for the Ducks is a trip to Detroit to take on the Red Wings (13-14-4).
Categories: Anaheim Ducks