An electrical malfunction sent two workers to the hospital and forced the evacuation of two floors of the Hyatt Regency Orange County hotel in Garden Grove Thursday morning.
According to Capt. Thanh Nguyen of the Garden Grove Fire Department, the incident started at 9:42 a.m. with a fire alarm at the hotel complex at 11999 Harbor Blvd. (at Chapman Avenue). Arriving firefighters found that there was no fire, but electrical work on a freight elevator triggered the alarm.
Two workers suffered electric shocks and were treated at the scene and taken to a local hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
The first two floors of the hotel were evacuated while firefighters investigated, but guests were allowed to return a short time later. Electrical power to the hotel was not interrupted and the hotel remained open.
Categories: Garden Grove