Movies, plays, a festival and even a pageant are available this weekend for your entertainment menu in the Garden Grove-Huntington Beach-Westminster area.
- “Marshall,” about a key case in the career of civil rights lawyer Thurgood Marshall, who would eventually become the first black to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court. Starring Chadwick Boseman. Rated PG-13.
- “Happy Death Day.” A horrific spin on the “Groundhog Day” concept. A woman relives her murder over and over. Starring Jessica Rothe. Rated PG=13.
- “Professor Marston and the Wonder Women.” An account of the man and women behind the creation of the Wonder Woman comic character. Starring Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall and Bella Heathcote. Rated R.
- “The Foreigner.” A father seeks revenge against the terrorists who killed his daughter. Starring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. Rated R.
- “Cabaret” continues this week at the Gem Theater on Main Street in Garden Grove with performances Thursday through Sunday.
- “Never the Sinner” concludes this weekend at the Mainstage Theater at Golden West College in Huntington Beach.
- The “He’e Nalu Aloha” Pier Festival and Luau is Friday and Saturday at the Pier Plaza at Main Street and Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach. Events start at 3 p.m. on Friday, and at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. Island food, music and vendors.
- Miss Huntington Beach scholarship pageant will be held from 4-6 p.m. on Saturday at the theater inside the Central Library (Talbert Avenue and Goldenwest Street) in Huntington Beach.
Categories: Arts & Leisure