The Anaheim Ducks tightened their grip on third place in the NHL Pacific Division and a shot at the Stanley Cup playoffs with a 5-4 overtime victory over the Edmonton Oilers Sunday at Rogers Place.
Hampus Lindholm won it with a score at 1:34 in extra time with assists from Ryan Getzlaf and Rickard Rakell. The Ducks fell behind 3-1 in the second period, but rallied in the third to knot the game up. Anaheim got scores from Josh Manson, Adam Henrique (two) and Corey Perry in regulation time.
The victory put the Ducks at 39-24-13, worth 91 points. That’s two points ahead of the fourth place Los Angeles Kings.
Next up for the Ducks will be a game in Vancouver on Tuesday visiting the Canucks (27-40-9).
Seven are ranked in CIF-SS polls
Seven local high school spring sports teams were ranked in this weeks’ CIF-SS rankings, including one number one squad.
- Division 1: Huntington Beach (second).
- Division 7: Bolsa Grande (fourth)
- Division 2: Edison (eighth)
- Division 7: Westminster (10th)
- Division 1: Huntington Beach (seventh)
- Division 4: Rancho Alamitos (second)
- Division 5: Garden Grove (first).
Leave a Reply