The back-to-school sales and commercials are everywhere. You can’t get into Target or Rite-Aid without seeing a campground of pencils, binders, lunchboxes, backpacks and more.
School is about to start, but just when?
For the schools serving the areas of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Westminster and Stanton, here is our list of the first day of class instruction. The first to get started is the Anaheim Union High School District, which takes in part of Stanton, on Aug. 8. The latest starting school system is the Huntington Beach City School District, on Sept. 6.
Some colleges and universities will start as early as Aug. 17 (Cal State Fullerton) and as late as Sept. 27 (UCI).
PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEMS
- Garden Grove Unified School District: Aug. 29
- Huntington Beach Union High School District: Aug. 29
- Huntington Beach City School District: Sept. 6
- Westminster School District: Aug. 30
- Ocean View School District: Sept. 5
- Orange Unified School District (serves a small slice of eastern Garden Grove): Aug. 22
- Anaheim Union High School District: Aug. 8
- Magnolia School District: Aug. 27
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
- Coast Community College District (Coastline, Golden West, Orange Coast): Aug. 24
- North Orange County Community College District (Cypress, Fullerton): Aug. 20
- Rancho Santiago Community College District (Santa Ana College): Aug. 27
- Cal State Fullerton: Aug. 25
- Cal State Long Beach: Aug. 27
- Chapman University: Aug 27
- UC Irvine: Sept. 27.