Kaden Headington scored 33 points as Edison defeated Corona del Mar 59-50 in the Surf League opener for both boys’ basketball teams on Friday.
The Chargers are now 16-8 overall, while the Sea Kings are 15-6. EHS will host Newport Harbor (20-1) on Wednesday in another Surf League crucial.
In a battle of the top two teams in the Golden West League, Ocean View defeated Garden Grove 70-63 at the Argonaut gym. The Seahawks are now 11-8 overall and 3-0 in league, while the Argos are 17-3 and 2-1.
The race for the boys’ Garden Grove League crown settled into a three-way tie Friday with Santiago, Loara and La Quinta all with 3-1 GGL records. Santiago defeated Los Amigos 53-45 and La Quinta bested Rancho Alamitos 69-57 to set up that deadlock.
A similar logjam is in place for the girls’ GGL title, with Santiago, Rancho Alamitos and La Quinta also at 3-1.
Here are scores from local high school basketball games played Friday and Thursday. Results will be updated as they are received.
- Tustin 35, Pacifica 34
- Edison 59, Corona del Mar 50
- Estancia 66, Orange 50
- Ocean View 70, Garden Grove 63
- Godinez 59, Western 47
- La Quinta 68, Rancho Alamitos 57
- Santiago 53, Los Amigos 45
- Bolsa Grande 51, Los Amigos 34.
- Garden Grove 54, Ocean View 39
- Katella 51, Magnolia 22
- Rancho Alamitos 41, La Quinta 33
- Santiago 63, Loara 17
- Bolsa Grande 44, Los Amigos 34
- Segerstrom 57, Westminster 43
- Godinez 53, Western 39.
- Corona del Mar 61, Edison 33
- Orangewood 61, Sage Hill 24
- Los Alamitos 48, Huntington Beach 25
- Marina 43, Fountain Valley 37.
Categories: High school sports
Leave a Reply